Monday, May 11, 2009

A Tribute to The Co-founder of WACSN

Celebrating the life ofJohn George Albert De’Gautier Von Luyken in the Lord




“Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in theearth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted ashead above all.” 1 Chronicles 29:11
I thank and praise God for blessing my life with John, a very special and wonderful man. He was my best friend and confidant for 35 years,my mentor, my love, and my husband for 23 years. I Praise God that John believed in me, supported, encouraged, comforted, taught me, but best of all, loved me until his home going. John was the foundation that I built on and all that I accomplished was because of his encouragement and love for me. I Praise God for entrusting and blessing us with wonderful children. John was a loving, kind, caring,thoughtful, fun and disciplinary father. He made many sacrifices forthe kids and in many ways showed his tremendous love for them with great appreciation.
I extol God that John was a loving and generous son and son-in-law. He welcomed both of our moms into his home for over 18 years and willingly gave his time and effort to support them. I commend God that John was a good brother, brother-in-law, uncle, nephew, cousin, and friend. I thank God for giving us a loving home that became a sanctuary, a place of hope, a place of encouragement, a place of opportunities, a place for second chances, and a place for new beginnings for so many people. In obedience to God, John willingly gave all that he had financially and materially to build, support and strengthen the organization, the West African Children Support Network. Through John’s vision, WACSN is and will continue to be ablessing for thousands of Liberians, especially children.
I praise and thank God that although we were afflicted in many ways,we were never crushed; persecuted, but never forsaken; struck down,but not destroyed. The Lord has always been our strength. Most merciful Father, at the end, you blessed John in the last day of his life and allowed him many hours of consciousness without pain to hear his family and friends tell him how much they loved him, cherished him and how he was a blessing to them. During the time of your calling, we prayed with him, sang many of his favorite songs, and held his hand until you finally called him home.
I give God all the praise and honor for designing a perfect, full, andbeautiful life for John. God’s bountiful blessing in John’s life wasalso a blessing to many that he touched to make a difference. Thereare six of us that John called “the women in my life” his mother Lizzy, my mother Angela, our cousin Mona, his two daughters, Katarina and Nikita, and me. As we the women in John’s life continue our journey, we do not know the future, but we know that you Lord holds our future and will continue to hold our hands. We thank you Lord that we are at peace, knowing that John is resting with you for all eternity. Through out our lives, I have always felt and knew you Lord orchestrated and controlled our every move each step of the way. We will continue to love, praise and serve you all the days of our lives. Hide us under your wings and in your care so that others may see youin us as we are blessed in the most precious name of your son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment